Happy Sunday Everyone! As with every Sunday, I do most of my meal prepping for the following work week throughout Sunday afternoon. Today I wanted to make something hearty and easy. It's the perfect Fall day for it and I thoroughly enjoyed eating it while sitting cozy on the couch with my throw blanket, curled up with cozy socks!
This meal was so easy to make, I thought I'd share it with you just in case you haven't made dinner yet and don't really have an idea of what to make. You can make this in 30 minutes! It turned out so so good. Enjoy!
- 1-2 packages of Smoked Sausage
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 cups Kale, leaves
- 3 cups Potatoes
- 1 sprig Rosemary, fresh
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 Yellow onion
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 1 carton Chicken broth, low sodium fat-free
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
1. Melt butter and heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add diced onions, garlic, sliced smoked sausage rounds, kale, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme;
stir to combine and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in potatoes
4. Add Chicken broth and soy milk; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until potatoes are fully cooked
6. Remove from heart.
7. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
8. Remove rosemary sprig.
9. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
This meal will probably last in my house for the next two days! I think I'll even bring a bowl to work tomorrow! Bon Appétit!